I received a promo code to review the Casper’s Scare School-Costume Closet app on my geek dad blog. It’s an app for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad mobile devices (requires iOS 3.0 or later). In this app by Mindshapes and Classic Media, children (rated 4+) have to memorize outfits so they can match costume pieces later in the game. By correctly matching costume pieces, new characters and costumes are unlocked. Bottom line: it’s a fun little app for Halloween that can help kids focus and use common sense. The app is priced at $2.99 on the iTunes App Store.
What I like about the Casper’s Scare School-Costume Closet App
- I love the Casper/Halloween theme
- The game is easy, but gets harder as you get better
- Up to 15 costumes (werewolf, witch, Frankenstein, vampire, fairy, princess, knight, astronaut, pirate, etc)
- If your kid does not have a good memory, they can use common sense to identify the appropriate items for a particular costume
- The app tests your kid’s short term memory
- It’s suppose to develops object recognition and sorting/grouping skills
- In the wardrobe area, your kid can mix and match to create costumes for Casper, Ra or Mantha
- You can take a photo of your Halloween costume creation to share with friends and family
What I didn’t like about the Casper’s Scare School-Costume Closet App
- The Halloween music gets annoying after awhile
BTW, you can see a trailer for the Casper’s Scare School-Costume Closet App on Facebook.